This week in class we did a couple of different types of sorts and their runtimes but since next weeks slog will be dedicated to writing about sorting and efficiency, I think I'll just talk about something else.
This weeks lab was the hardest lab we had. Nobody in the class figured out the solution. Lucky for us, our super TA, Amirali, knew exactly how to do the coding. He explained it step by step and showed us what he was doing and why. I didn't really understand it at first but once I started looking over the code, it started to make sense. The first part which we had to do was to do an inorder traversal of a linked list. It's not as easy as it sounds. The reason was that we would have to have some sort of placeholder which we could use to refer to the front of the list and to the back of the list. We hadn't used this concept before so it took me a while to understand it.
Other than that, we have our second test this week. I hope I do well on it. I did pretty good on my first test and did very well on the first assignment, so I hope I can keep up the good marks. I love programming and I hope to learn a lot more in the coming years. This week I don't have much to write about but I hope you enjoyed it. Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment